Saturday, November 20, 2010

All You Need is...iTunes


To commemorate this auspicious time in our history – for those who don’t know, you can now get The Beatles on iTunes – I thought it was time to compile a list of my favourite Beatles songs. Here they are, in no particular order, and on the understanding that if you ask me next week I will have a completely different list.

Across The Universe

This is pure poetry, and currently my most favourite Beatles song ever, even if I have no idea what jai guru deva om means.

Two Of Us

I love the harmony in this, and the poetry, and the journey. It is wistful and nostalgic. Or maybe it just sounds that way now because nobody writes letters, sends postcards, or goes Sunday driving anymore.

Hey Jude

I’m sure that Hey Jude makes every top Beatles list, every time. Deservedly so.

She Said

This is basically the retelling of an argument. I love the back and forth of the she said/I said. She’s not even there, and he’s still having the fight.   

Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite

I want to go to this show. In addition to everything else, of course Henry the horse dances a waltz!

Norwegian Wood

This is a lovely, friendly song, where absolutely nothing inappropriate happens. Right, John? Right?

Girl

The only song I can think of where drawing breath counts as essential lyrics.

A Day in the Life

What’s not to love? It’s a strange trip, and the lyrics are only slightly less incomprehensible than those of

I am the Walrus

Goo goo goo joob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...