Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stylish Blogger Awards – I Gots Me One!

Hooray! Margo from Urban Psychopomp gave me a Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks, Margo!

Also, she gave me some good links to some great blogs to follow: check out her blog!




So, this is what I have to do:

Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award 
*  List seven things about yourself
*  Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered bloggers

Okay, here are my seven things. Hmm, have I got seven things I haven’t yet shared? I’ll give it a go.

 1. My favourite place in the world is an island in Vanuatu called Tanna. You should all go there. The sand is black from the volcano, and the volcano is awesome! I’ve already shared that here, so I’ll add this: I love fresh coconut milk.
2. I still have a scar on my knee from when a dog bit me when I was five. The dog was called Oplika Spot. 
3. Vodka. The answer is usually vodka.
4. I have never told my mother I almost got sent home from a school geography camp for doing drugs. I was not actually doing drugs. Apparently stupidity and drug use look the same to some teachers.
5. I cannot cull my book collection. Not even the ones I don’t really like, because I may need to read them again one day.
6. I spend too much money on iTunes.
7. I have a fetish for old, weird medical books. My favourite is “Embalming in Theory and Practice”. Is it wrong that the title alone makes me laugh?

And here are the blogs I have recently discovered:

Learning to Read - Ben Carroll picks some great books to discuss! 

Literature to Learn By  - This is a great blog. And I am learning, I promise! 

Also, you should visit Misty at Nothing Cannot Happen Today

And while you're roaming, stop by and say hello to Josin at My Bloggish Blog Thing

Need a zombie fix? Share the love with Mia at My Literary Jam and Toast.

And I am in awe of Madeline from Capricious Existence, because I sure as heck didn't have her drive when I was that age! 

And check out One Writer's Harrowing Journey (With Pictures!). I don't love Cacy's blog just because she's a fan of Invader Zim, but it doesn't hurt! 

And I also like to visit Caroline at Caroline Wilson Writes, because she's a history junkie as well. 

Sommer Leigh at Tell Great Stories: because she does, you know! 

Apparently Jade Hears Voices, but that's okay, because they always tell her fun stuff to say. 

And Michael from SLC Kismet always has something interesting to say! Even if I might not agree with him about Captain America. 

Claudie A. is always interesting and informative. 

Visit Lesser Apricots – because Perri loves monkeys as well!

And have a look at The Public Query Slushpile. Rick does a great job of posting people's queries, and then everyone gets to offer their input. It's friendly, encouraging, and everyone is lovely there! 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jen!

    I've never been to that island, but I've read about black sand. Black sand was supposed to be the only detail one character knew about where another character came from, and it was supposed to be a detail that didn't exist on Earth. Good thing I googled that one!

    heh. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cacy!

    Black sand is weird. It's very glittery, like normal sand, but it's strange to touch it because you think it will be dirty...but it's not! I actually took photos of it, because I knew I wouldn't remember how strange it was! "Yes, here are my Vanuatu photos...a shiny green leaf, some purple bougainvillea, a cloud, some sand the colour of caramel, some black sand, some rocks on the volcano...and there may even be some of friends and family in here, but don't hold your breath."

    I didn't learn something about black and beaches though: In Vanuatu, the people believe that sharks are more likely to attack off black sand beaches than normal beaches. I sort of wish I'd learned that afterwards, because it took some of the fun out of swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankeees, my dear!

    Blank sand it GLITTERY you say? Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like I could defs use some of that... I do the same thing with my books. I can't give them away, I might need them when the zombie apocalypse hits (either for weapons or references). Teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia,
    I promise black sand is glittery! And the rocks that the volcano spits out are black with like little bits of glass in them. Obviously if I was a geologist I would know why this is. But I just go, "Aw, pretty! Let me get my camera!" and "Tell me more about the god who lives in the volcano!"

    Also, can I crash at your place for the duration of the zombie apocalypse? Because I'm really not zombie-proofed here at all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award and I accept the award too gladly. I shall post it in my awards page tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award, Jen! Black sand sounds extremely awesome, I want to see some! I think that will be my new life goal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michael! I look forward to learning seven new thing about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Madeline! Black sand is awesome! And Tanna is beautiful...everyone should go there at least once! But I am biased - I love everything about Vanuatu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Jen! Now, about that black sand.... I so want to go see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Perri!

    I'm starting to think I should get a job with the Vanuatu tourism board! It's not just the black sand, of course, it's lying in a bungalow at night, listening to the waves break on the beach right outside, and the rumble of the volcano in the distance! And you can go up the volcano and look inside. Very scary stuff, but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for the award Jen, and congratulations on your own! So do I do the same thing you did--the seven things and 15 blogs? I'm still learning when it comes to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm fairly new at it myself, Caroline! Yep, just do the seven things and the list of blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU! (Sorry this is late, but I've been in sickness hell!)

    And yes, vodka is usually the answer. Unless the question is: Mojito? Then the answer is rum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to hear from you, Jade, and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...