Sunday, September 4, 2011

I want to send you a book!

This week I was very excited to pass 100 followers. All credit goes to Rach Harrie at Rach Writes and my fellow Campaigners. But, in honour of reaching this landmark, I'm going to give someone a book. Nobody panic, it's not my book. But I did want something that reflected the ongoing theme of this blog, so here it is, the fantastic, whimsical, Australian children's classic: 



Possum Magic is the reason why, despite my hatred of my own possums, I can't possibly be cruel to them. Possum Magic is why I look at little Sid Vicious squeezing through my kitchen shutters and go "awww". Possum Magic is why I secretly want to domesticate all of the possums who have tortured me over the past few years. It wasn't Stockholm Syndrome after all, it was their damned cuteness.  And nothing is cuter than Hush. 

Grandma Poss uses her best bush magic to make Hush invisible. But when Hush longs to be able to see herself again, the two possums must make their way across Australia to find the magic food that will make Hush visible once more.

So, if you have a small child, if you know a small child, or you still listen to your inner child, all you have to do is be a follower of this blog and leave me a comment letting me know you would like to be included, and in a week or so I will use a random number generator (bits of paper in a hat, probably) and draw a winner. I'll also post internationally. So, to recap: 

1. Be a follower of this blog. 
2. Leave a comment. 

That's all. You don't have to Tweet it, but it would be awesome if you did. And you don't have to recommend me to your friends so they can enter as well, but you might do that anyway, because you're already awesome. 

I know this, because this week I got given the Liebster blog award! Twice! 


Thanks, Krista, at I Take The Pen, and TB McKenzie at Magickless.

The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!


To I would like to share the bloggity love by pointing you towards a few more Aussies and Kiwis hanging around the traps: 

Pauline at Pauline's Prose - she loves her history as well! 
Aldrea at Thardrainian Thoughts is a fantasy writer, and
Jolene at Everything is Possible, who is full of inspiration! 



17 comments:

  1. You'll probably want to count me out of your draw as I live in England but I just had to comment on what a beautiful cover that book has.

    And congrats on your award :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post anywhere, Sarah, so if you want in, you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just remove a posseum from our roof. He/she looks quite big and cute. I hope she finds better "housing" in the national park.

    Every Savage Can Reproduce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mem Fox. Couldn't get better. You're a sweety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on over 100! That's awesome! Here's to 100 more!
    The book looks adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possums are supposed to be a pest over here due to them carrying TB and environmental damage to native bush/wildlife, but darn it, I cannot bring myself to hurt such a cute face.


    Thanks for the award. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all the followers!

    Aw, I know this book! I used to read it to my nursery children ^_^ I'll have to poke around the school and see if we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've given in to the possum cuteness? Whaaaaah?!

    Congratulations on reaching the 100 follower blog milestone and the Liebster. Both well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This Liebster Blog award is spreading like wildfire! Well deserved, too.

    That Possum Magic sounds a little bit like Duncton Wood, which was all about moles - with a bit of magic thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to have that book (Possum Magic), and would probably gift it to someone little, after I read it of course. It is an awesome cover.

    Possums were plentiful where I hail from in the southern US, but we see fewer here in the cool cool north in western Canada. Would you also mail the book to western Canada? (IF..., I know)

    Congrats on getting 100 followers!

    Being tolerant of wildlife must have its own reward, somewhere. It's the hands that make the little critters cute - it humanizes them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments so far, guys! And I will post anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Child-free, but still wanted to congratulate you on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh lovely! My children would love this:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The possum on that cover looks a lot cuter than the thing I saw crawling around in my back yard. Less innately evil looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best way I know to get a possum in my kitchen, and I promise I'll take very good care of it.

    And congrats on turning 100! You don't look a follower over 30. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since we're fellow campaigners, I already follow your blog via google reader.
    Anyways, I don't need to be entered in the giveaway (though thank you for hosting one!); I just wanted to comment on HOW BEAUTIFUL the cover art for that book iS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the Liebster, I'm going to post it up next week :) What a cool idea! (In saying that, bring on ineligibility :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...