Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winner of Possum Magic, Blogfests and Writing Groups

Drumroll, please. The winner of Possum Magic is:

Lindsay Currie! 

Lindsay - I hope you enjoy these fictional possums much more than I enjoy the real thing!



In other news, I may be suffering blogfest madness. I have signed up for three, and I think you should join me! First up is What I Did On My Summer Vacation, hosted by Michael at In Time... I like this idea because I'll get to know more about my fellow bloggers without having to ask intrusive questions!



I have also joined the Killer Characters Blogfest, hosted by Deana and Emily. This is a fun blogfest with some awesome prizes. Check it out!

Sign up here: Killer Characters

And everyone should sign up for the Monsterfest, hosted by Sommer Leigh at Tell Great Stories.  You get to pick what monsters to post about, and what dates to post throughout October. I've picked some Australian monsters that aren't very well known in monster lore, so I'm hoping to boost their profile a little. Sigh. All the famous monsters are European.

Sign up here: Monsterfest

And this Saturday, after some judicious shuffling of my work roster, I am going to a Writers' Workshop! Yay! I'm reallly looking forward to it, because I haven't been to one of these for a gazillion years, and it also takes away some of the sting of not making it to the Brisbane Writers' Festival. Look at me, being all professional! 

12 comments:

  1. Even monsters need to socially network :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your workshop - they're great for getting you writing. I didn't get to attend the BWF but I did get to the CYA Conference that was on during it - that was great :)
    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, don't tempt me! I'm very interested in the Monsterfest...

    Every Savage Can Reproduce

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ So true, Sarah!

    @ Hi, Charmaine! I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping to meet some local writers as well.

    @ Enid. Join us! You know you want to! Mwa ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went a little blogfest crazy last month. Now I have all these posts I have to write!! That's like work!!

    Have fun at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out, Jen! Oh, and Monster Fest sounds like a blast. I may join...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Emily, you should join Monsterfest! Everyone should! It'll be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog, Have awarded you the Versatile Blog Award.
    check out my blog in a few minutes to get details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen, first time visitor. Great to meet you! And I just joined the Killer Character Blogfest too. Have a great time at your Writers Workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoopeeee!!!!! I'm so excited I won!!! I am just catching up on all of my comments today and saw this, made me so happy. I'll shoot you my email:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Stephen, hi! Nice to meet you, too! I'm really looking forward to the workshop, and also all the blogfests!


    Hi Lindsay! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sarah: Sarah!!! Can I quote you? That's so awesome :-)

    Thanks for the shout out Jen! I am so excited and nervous and excited.

    There are a lot of monsters signed up so far that I do not recognize so I think it's going to be very cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...