Sunday, December 11, 2011

This blog is brought to you by...

Okay, so I had this whole post typed up. No, seriously, promise, cross my heart, true god and no gammin.

Lies. All lies. I had half a post typed up, and then I remembered that it’s been ages since I posted anything, and I was going to blame work and Christmas and “Omigod, I was supposed to get Kath something really nice when I went shopping today, and I got myself bookshelves instead.”

So instead of a proper post, here are two ads that have been making me laugh this week. They’re both from New Zealand, and I love them even though the first one is making fun of us Aussies.






Needless to say, “Bro, Monique says you’re dumb” is now the standard comeback to anything in our family. As is, “No surprises there.”

What’s making you laugh this week? 

7 comments:

  1. Those kids are so cute - and I really liked the second one. I hope it gets through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those kids and their adorable accents. I know, how very American of me, but it's true. I could listen to them talk all morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those in equal measures.
    But I think, if I had to choose, the second one's the best.
    Or maybe the first.
    Nah, second.
    Though the first one is cute.
    Oh, forget it ... they're both great, so don't make me choose. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank goodness they said Drunk Driving instead of Drink Driving. I know it's a terribly serious thing but when I hear a BBC anchor saying "Drink Driving" I can't stop the giggles.

    The kids commercial has to be my favorite, they're just soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the first one, though it took me ten listens to get the last line.

    No surprises there, though - I’ve been internalizing a really complicated situation in my head. Which is what I'll say the next time someone catches me juggling plot points. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I'm the only kiwi here, but I'll happily wave the flag for our humour and down-to-earth frankness.

    Here's the outtakes from the sandpit episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hjQbAX69s&feature=related

    More kiwi ad goodness here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JspHqoegTkc&feature=related
    and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2lohDTZ7eg
    and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4qptCre8M&feature=related

    And Kiwis vs Aussies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=jr4rQ5QpXrU

    Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everyone liked the ads.

    @MC, I love that guy in the Legend ad, and the way he deadpans the "internalising a really complicated situation..." Just makes me laugh every time I watch it.


    @ Charlotte - I love the togs/undies one! Hilarious! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...