Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am Kreativ!

Krista at I Take The Pen has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Here it is:



So pretty! The rules are that I have to tell you 10 things about myself, and then pass the award on to 6 bloggers. 

So now I get to tell you 10 exciting things about myself.

1. When I was four I got stuck in the middle of a dog fight. I still have the scars from where a neighbourhood dog called Oplika Spot bit me. The scars used to be on my thigh, now they are on my knee. How weird is that?

2. I wrote my first poem at about the same age. It went “I think mice are nice.” It was also illustrated.

3. I hate cucumber. There, I’ve said it. Except, weirdly, I love tzatziki. 

4. I panic when I can’t remember the difference between amiable, amicable and amenable.  I’ve just reread that sentence, and I’m panicking.

5. I once accidentally handcuffed myself to a chair at work. It was surprisingly easy to do.

6. I am addicted to Historic LOLs. Cos of stuff like this: 



7. Some days I spend more time thinking about writing than actually writing. This is a pattern I hope to break sometime this year.

8. I am hopeless with maths. This is because I used to work in a bank, and I hated it so much that when I quit I jettisoned the part of my brain that could count.

9. In the back of my cupboard I have a pair of knee high purple Doc Marten boots. One day they will be cool again.

10. Once, in Italy, I accepted a ride off a total stranger. You know, sometimes your parents are wrong. Sometimes you won’t get abducted and murdered. Thanks, Francesco! 

And now to pass this on to 6 bloggers: 

1. Charlotte from La Scrittura Vita
2. Guilie from Quiet Laughter
3. Debbie at Debbie-Johannson.com - Debbie's got a giveaway going on at the moment! :) 
4. T.B. McKenzie at Magickless - he's got a giveaway going on as well! :) 
5. Caitlin at Logically
6. Caroline at Caroline Wilson Writes.

*** 
Now get off the internet and get back to writing that novel. No, seriously, I mean it. 
Well, okay, you can check your email, and Twitter, but that had better be it. 
And you should probably leave a comment on that blog.
Ooh, what's everyone saying on Goodreads? 
Omigod, I saw the funniest thing on Youtube, just let me show you...

When did midnight happen? 

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award. And, hey, at least your scar won't show when you're rocking those fab purple Doc Martins. :)

    I really should get off the internet and go think about writing now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LG!

      I know, the irony of using a blog post to tell people to get off the internet. What's that line from Blackadder about irony?

      "It's like goldy and bronzey, only it's made of iron."

      Delete
  2. Great list! But I must say that as cute as your mice poem is, I thought #2 was going to say this:

    I wrote my first poem at about the same age. It went “Oplika Spot should be shot.” It was also illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one, MC! Except I remember being carried up the stairs with blood pouring out of me, screaming "It wasn't the dog's fault!" In his defence, Oplika Spot was a great dog, and when the dog fight rolled through the hole at the bottom of our fence I think he was as surprised as I was to find me in the middle of it.

      Delete
    2. Oplika Spot should NOT be shot -
      Between his teeth my leg got caught,
      But whose leg it was, Spot knew not.

      Delete
  3. My daughter would bite your hand off for your purple Doc boots :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a thing of beauty, Sarah! Just not practical for a tropical climate.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award!

    I'm awful with maths too. Numbers and I seriously disagree.

    (I can be guilty of 7 too) SH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maths, eugh. I can't even do a basic sum and get the same answer twice. But I stand by what I told my maths teacher in Year 10: "What is the point of this??!??!!!"

      So far words have been so much more rewarding.

      Delete
  5. When did doc martins stop being cool? I missed that memo.

    Thanks for the award, I like words spelt with a "K" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure Docs are still cool TB. Just not knee high Docs in the tropics!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for passing it on Jen! And I love the history LOLs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems, Charlotte! I spend a lot of time at Historical LOLs.

      Delete
  7. I'm crap at maths too! Aaaand I hate cucumber too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Numbers and cucumbers. Hate em both! :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on winning the award and thanks for passing it on.

    I must say I'm intrigued by you being handcuffed to a chair at work! I can certainly relate to numbers 7 & 8 (and I only feel guilty about number 7). I like that poster; it's got me thinking of certain Aussie murders. Thanks for their link - I'll be sure to check it out. Have a happy Australia Day Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work at a police station. Famous last words: "Can I have a go with your handcuffs?"

      I also refuse to feel guilty for my inability to do maths. Life is short...I don't know exactly how short, because I can't count!

      Delete
  9. This is an awesome award, Jen--thanks for sharing it with me! I loved these things you shared :D How could you possibly "accidentally" cuff yourself to a chair? At WORK? Would loooove to hear that story :)

    Thanks again! You rock, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guilie! I work in a police station. Lucky I didn't ask for a closer look of a taser!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...