Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Wishlist for the Week


1. I wish the housework fairy would visit my place. There’s enough dog hair on my floor to knit another Labrador. You know, if I could knit. And I think I’ve already established my lack of domestic skills.

2. I wish I got more writing done. And I wish the writing I got done was better. Everything this week feels like meh. 

3. I wish I could figure out what it is about those cooking shows that people like. If I want to watch TV, I’ll watch TV. If I want to cook, I’ll cook. What I don’t want is to spend an hour of my life watching someone else cook, and there not be any food for me to eat at the end of it. Don’t taunt me with your Roast Quail Ravioli with Portobello Mushrooms and Sage Butter when I’ll be having toast.

(Seriously, that exists. The recipe is here.) 
(Toast also exists. I trust you don't need the recipe.)

4. I wish the state government elections were already over. I’m sick of their ads, their front pages, and the sheer amount of pamphlets that are getting shoved in my letter box. My letter box is a delicate ecosystem. I don’t want my letter box gecko crushed.

5. I wish I could remember why I’d ordered two pairs of flippers off the internet last week when I was sleep-deprived after night work. One pair seems reasonable for a biped like myself. Two seems excessive.

6. I wish I could go rally driving with OK Go.


***

What are you wishing for this week? 

16 comments:

  1. We have a lot of the same wishes, although I do enjoy watching a few cooking shows. Depends on the show, though!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel that cooking shows are judging me ... So are home renovation shows, gardening shows, and advertisements for cleanings products.

      Delete
  2. I'm reading two manuscripts this week for friends, plus a friend's novel on kindle, and let's see I've written about twelve words of my own novel. That's okay, I've got ideas for the next scene marinating and next week they'll come out of the brain pot as delicious as, um, roast quail ravioli when they finally hit the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess at least 12 words is a step in the right direction! Keep marinating!

      Delete
  3. I like my TV shows to be completely unrealistic. I'm trying to escape reality here, people. Not get more of it.

    And I hate to cook. But I do like to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! If I wanted to spend my life listening to irritating people drone on about crap that I don't care about, I'd spent more time with my family.

      Ha! Now we'll find out if they read my blog!

      Delete
  4. You could always nail the extra flippers to the edge of your desk and have extra room for toast.

    Or put one on your hand and drive down the road, making music with mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the BEST idea ever! One toast holder, and one acoustic instrument. money well spent, I'd say.

      Delete
  5. Apart from #1 and #2, which I totally relate to, I wish I could make a living designing interesting houses or building pirate ships...things I enjoy doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fantastic to make a living from something we loved. I'm still searching the Classifieds for: "Wanted. Creative person with short attention span. Flexible hours, good pay. Job starts immediately. In Vanuatu."

      Delete
  6. I wish the water fairy would refill my screen wash after my wife's been driving my car.

    Absolutely love that OK Go video - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one, Mark! Although it's amazing how doing that will just slip out of your mind, until the next time you need the wipers.

      Glad you liked the video!

      Delete
  7. And, I agree again. Why in the WORLD would I want to watch a tv show of someone cooking this delicious meal when I have fruits and veggies in my fridge, mocking me and my annual quest to lose weight?

    My wish for the week? That instead of physically going to work, that I can collect my paycheck but stay at home and get caught up on life. This whole "going to work" thing is totally in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about cooking shows.

      And I totally agree about the work thing. Getting in the way, making demands, thinking it's better than it is. Work is up itself. I hate it.

      Delete
  8. One final wish: I wish Andy Whitfield hadn't died of cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Mark. Definitely a talented and nice guy taken way too soon.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...