|An oblivious tiger|
Sunday, March 4, 2012
I've been tagged...
...and then released. But it’s okay, I hardly felt it. I’m oblivious. Like this guy:
Side note: Do any of us really believe they don’t notice it?
Tiger 1: Dude, where’d you get the massive collar?
Tiger 2: What collar?
Anyway, thanks to DG Hudson at Rainforest Writing for tagging me. Here are the questions DG asked:
1. How long have you blogged?
Since 2010. You’d think I’d be better at it.
2. Do you have a pet?
I have a yellow lab called Cleo, and three cats: Simba (rescued by a friend), Sam (rescued from the police station) and Grub (rescued from the gutter). I also have a frog that lives on the windowsill, a newly hatched batch of geckoes, and three recently-evicted possums: Sid, Nancy and Johnny Rotten. Johnny Rotten still breaks in every night to steal bananas.
3. Do you like film noir?
Only in small doses. I like that all the dialogue is subtext, but my brain hurts if I watch too much black and white. I’m a Philistine.
4. Do you pick male or female protagonists the most when you write?
At the moment, male. I have no idea why. Except my shiniest new idea has a female protagonist.
5. Which female actor in LOTR would you want to be if offered a part in the movie?
First I thought Arwen, because she got to spend a lot of time with Aragorn. Then I realised that was shallow. So I’ll pick Eowyn instead, because she got to use a sword and kill a Nazgul. Girl power!
6. Which male actor in LOTR would you like to be if offered a part in the movie? (This is assuming Makeup and Costume can do miracles?)
Sam, because he was an awesome character, and The Shire is also my spiritual home. And I think we’ll agree that Makeup and Costume for LOTR did do miracles!
7. Where do you write?
Usually in my study. But sometimes at my dining room table. And sometimes in bed. A lot of time at work. Wherever I can, really.
8. What beverage is beside you when you’re writing?
Is it daytime? Then apple and raspberry cordial, or, if I need the caffeine, Pepsi Max. Is it night time? Hello, wine.
9. Do you listen to music when writing?
All the time. iTunes is my friend.
10. What is your favourite city?
Melbourne. No, Istanbul. No, Port Vila. No, Salzburg. Don’t make me choose!!!
11. Is there a phone in your writing place?
Yes, my landline is in my study, and I have my iPhone with me all the time. If I don’t, I start to get separation anxiety.
And now I get to tag 11 people! Here they are:
Miss Cole at Miss Cole Seeks Publisher.
Mark at The DM's Screen
Caroline at Caroline Wilson Writes.
Rebecca at Rebecca Kiel.
Marsha at Marsha's Musings.
Michael Di Gesu over at In TIme.
Botanist at Views From the Bald Patch
Bryce from The Bryce Daniels Preservation Society.
Robyn from Robyn Lucas, Writer.
Pauline from Pauline's Prose.
Mr Thompson from Mr Thompson’s Guide to Never Getting Published
And here are the 11 questions my
victims blogging friends have to answer:
1. What is the one book you couldn’t live without?
2. What can you see out your window at the moment?
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What fictional character would you most like to marry?
5. If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?
6. How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?
7. If you didn’t want to be a writer, what would you want to be?
8. Can you play a musical instrument?
9. Do you own a Kindle or a Nook or any sort of e-reader?
10. If you do, how many books do you have on it?
11. You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you “the next [insert famous author name here]”. Which famous author has to watch their back now you’re on the scene?
Even if I didn't tag you, feel free to answer any of the above questions!
I am particularly interested in number 6.