Sunday, March 4, 2012

I've been tagged...

...and then released. But it’s okay, I hardly felt it. I’m oblivious. Like this guy:

An oblivious tiger
Source
Side note: Do any of us really believe they don’t notice it?

Tiger 1: Dude, where’d you get the massive collar?
Tiger 2: What collar?

Anyway, thanks to DG Hudson at Rainforest Writing for tagging me. Here are the questions DG asked:

1. How long have you blogged?
Since 2010. You’d think I’d be better at it.

2. Do you have a pet?
I have a yellow lab called Cleo, and three cats: Simba (rescued by a friend), Sam (rescued from the police station) and Grub (rescued from the gutter). I also have a frog that lives on the windowsill, a newly hatched batch of geckoes, and three recently-evicted possums: Sid, Nancy and Johnny Rotten. Johnny Rotten still breaks in every night to steal bananas.

3. Do you like film noir?
Only in small doses. I like that all the dialogue is subtext, but my brain hurts if I watch too much black and white. I’m a Philistine.

4. Do you pick male or female protagonists the most when you write?
At the moment, male. I have no idea why. Except my shiniest new idea has a female protagonist.

5. Which female actor in LOTR would you want to be if offered a part in the movie?
First I thought Arwen, because she got to spend a lot of time with Aragorn. Then I realised that was shallow. So I’ll pick Eowyn instead, because she got to use a sword and kill a Nazgul. Girl power!

6. Which male actor in LOTR would you like to be if offered a part in the movie? (This is assuming Makeup and Costume can do miracles?)
Sam, because he was an awesome character, and The Shire is also my spiritual home. And I think we’ll agree that Makeup and Costume for LOTR did do miracles! 


7. Where do you write?
Usually in my study. But sometimes at my dining room table. And sometimes in bed. A lot of time at work. Wherever I can, really.  

8. What beverage is beside you when you’re writing?
Is it daytime? Then apple and raspberry cordial, or, if I need the caffeine, Pepsi Max. Is it night time? Hello, wine.

9. Do you listen to music when writing?
All the time. iTunes is my friend.

10. What is your favourite city?
Melbourne. No, Istanbul. No, Port Vila. No, Salzburg. Don’t make me choose!!!

11. Is there a phone in your writing place?
Yes, my landline is in my study, and I have my iPhone with me all the time. If I don’t, I start to get separation anxiety.


And now I get to tag 11 people! Here they are:

Rebecca at Rebecca Kiel
Marsha at Marsha's Musings
Michael Di Gesu over at In TIme
Pauline from Pauline's Prose.

And here are the 11 questions my victims blogging friends have to answer:

1. What is the one book you couldn’t live without?

2. What can you see out your window at the moment?

3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?

4. What fictional character would you most like to marry?

5. If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?

6. How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?

7. If you didn’t want to be a writer, what would you want to be?

8. Can you play a musical instrument?

9. Do you own a Kindle or a Nook or any sort of e-reader?

10. If you do, how many books do you have on it?

11. You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you “the next [insert famous author name here]”. Which famous author has to watch their back now you’re on the scene? 

***
Even if I didn't tag you, feel free to answer any of the above questions! 
I am particularly interested in number 6. 

20 comments:

  1. Is there anyone that WOULDN'T want to be Sam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is just all kinds of awesome!

      Delete
  2. These questions are too hard!!! Ok, maybe not number 6...

    Thanks, Jen! Now I know what to post Monday.ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the tiger, I prefer to think the others are envious of their fashion sense.

    And cool answers, you Pepsi-swilling Philistine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MC. Maybe they should design a range of radio collars for the fashion-conscious predator. Like pinstripes. I think the tiger is slowly evolving towards pinstripes anyway.

      Delete
  4. Great questions, and great answers. Will have to give some thought to this one...I can name lots of cheeses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can name 7 off the top of my head. But get me into a deli, and there will be more than 7 I must buy.

      Delete
  5. omg, that poor tiger!

    I'm going to answer your questions here. PREPARE FOR A LENGTHY COMMENT!

    1. What is the one book you couldn’t live without?

    Northern Lights by Philip Pullman.

    2. What can you see out your window at the moment?

    The sky. I'm in the attic :D

    3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?

    Mompane worms. Yeah, go on, google that ;)

    4. What fictional character would you most like to marry?

    I geniunely do not know!

    5. If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?

    Ooooh GOOD question!

    6. How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?

    Edam, cheddar, red leceister, double gloucester, brie, stinking bishop, camambert, blue cheese, monterey jack, AMERICAN (hahahah!), mozzerlla, swiss, five counties (mmmmmm).... I really could go on, but I'm gonna leave it there.

    7. If you didn’t want to be a writer, what would you want to be?

    A teacher.

    8. Can you play a musical instrument?

    Nope.

    9. Do you own a Kindle or a Nook or any sort of e-reader?

    Yeah, got a Sony eReader

    10. If you do, how many books do you have on it?

    Honestly, not that many. I've only bought four. I mostly use it to read over my own stuff.

    11. You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you “the next [insert famous author name here]”. Which famous author has to watch their back now you’re on the scene?

    Hahahahaha! ALL OF THEM! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I just realised I didn't actually finish answering number five. I got too caught up in all the possibilities.

      Seeing as I've been rewatching Supernatural this week, I'm gonna go with how season 5 ended... Without getting too spoilery, I wish that ended differently.

      Delete
    2. Hmm...it's wrong to wish Lucifer had done better, isn't it? :)

      Delete
    3. Also, that's an impressive lot of cheeses you can name! Stinking bishop -- I don't know what that is, but I WANT! For the name alone, I WANT!

      I googled mompane worms, and my hat is off to you. You are very brave!

      Delete
  6. Thank you! I will post my reponses very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen,

    You do me a great honour in tagging me, thank you :)
    I would though, if you don't mind, answer your questions here. My reason being that Claudia tagged me last month and after tagging others in my own turn, I was surprised by some of the negative response I received, so I decided not to do that again. But allow me to emphasise, I am honoured that you picked me out, really I am. So, without further ado, here are my answers ;)

    1. What is the one book you couldn’t live without?
    Sad answer would have to be my work diary - without it I wouldn't have a clue as to what appointment is when and what client I'm seeing. Not really a book as such, but please don't shout at me :(

    2. What can you see out your window at the moment?
    Pitch black, save for the jagged outline of leafless trees near the roadside behind my house, illuminated by one of the many street lamps.

    3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
    I was fortunate enough to be part of a British martial arts team fighting in Ohio. As part of the trip we got to visit one of the event sponsors dojos. Little did I know there was a pre-planned initiation ceremony lined up for the 'newbies' (like myself) of the team. They pulled out a massive jar of pickled pigs feet, and said we would each have to take turns in eating one. Well, one of our fighters took off like a rabbit. Another stated due to his Muslim faith he wasn't allowed to touch pork ( a genuine reason, as it turned out), so then there was me.
    I mulled over running. No, the exit was now closed. I considered fighting. Again, no, that would be rude. Then I stopped and thought, 'Well, I do like the taste of vinegar', and a quick plan formulated in my mind.
    The open jar was offered to me. All eyes and grinning faces watching. I looked into the slightly murky depths of the cloudy vinegar, bits of pork flesh and meat bobbing about. I selected the largest trotter I could see, pulled it out and began sucking all the vinegar off it with relish. I then popped it into my mouth, with all the fleshy bits hanging out and started chasing people around the dojo with it, trying to grab them and rub it in their faces. That was funny to see, turning the tables on the jokers. :)


    4. What fictional character would you most like to marry?
    Aunt Pol, or Lady Polgara from David Eddings' classic fantasy five book series, 'The Belgariad'.

    5. If ever a fictional villain was going to win, who would you want it to be?
    Gollum - the poor wretch went through so much and came so close to being the person he once was. All he really wanted was his precious and to be left alone.

    6. How many types of cheese can you name off the top of your head?
    Caerphilly (has to be number one seeing as I am Welsh), Double Glouchester, Red Glouchester, Brie, Camembert, Cheddar and Stilton.

    7. If you didn’t want to be a writer, what would you want to be?
    A digital artist dealing in concept work for the computer game and film industry.

    8. Can you play a musical instrument?
    Hmmm... 'play' is a strong word. I once started classical guitar lessons when I was 20, but stopped after several months due to, well, whatever catches a young 20 year old's attention. But, I'd have to say, no.

    9. Do you own a Kindle or a Nook or any sort of e-reader?
    No, I love the feel of a book in my hands and the smell of the paper, and the art of the cover itself.

    10. If you do, how many books do you have on it? N/A

    11. You just got published. In a glowing review, someone calls you “the next [insert famous author name here]”. Which famous author has to watch their back now you’re on the scene?
    Oh, hell. This is a tough one? In all honesty, I would have to say, David Gemmell. Sadly, he died at the age of 50 after developing an infection post heart op. Lovely guy, whom I had the honour to meet and correspond with for a short while. Heralded as one of Britain's top heroic fantasy writers - God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark! I don't mind you replying here!

      Pig's foot - yuck. I couldn't do that even with all the vinegar in the world! I would love to be a digital or graphic artist as well, but I have absolutely no artistic ability. Seriously, I can screw up a stick figure. I am in complete and total awe of people who can draw.

      David Gemmell is a fantastic choice. He was a great writer, and has left ag reat legacy.

      Delete
  8. Heh, we've also a rescue cat called Simba (found along with his mum and brother).
    He's large and black and the biggest sop in the bunch.

    And yes, Makeup and Costume does do miracles, especially for LoTR. CGI helps too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem with rescue animals is that all people have to say is "If you don't take it, it'll get put down" and then I can't refuse. My Simba is the colour of...
      "He's an interesting colour, isn't he?" my vet asked me. "Like...um..."
      "Dirt," I suggested.
      She gave me an odd look. "I was going to say champagne."
      Beauty, beholder...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...