Yasur on Tanna, Vanuatu. Go there.
Monday, April 2, 2012
In fun news, Mark at The DM’s Screen has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Normally it looks like this:
But I’m stealing the one Mark made because it’s all kinds of awesome:
First, I need to tell you seven random things about myself. Here they are:
1. I am allergic to an antibiotic called Keflex. I took it once and the next thing I know I was in hospital, my skin was bright red and I wasn't wearing pants. (When the burning ants crawled over my scalp it seemed like a good idea to have a cool shower. Sadly the ambulance officers refused to go back for my pants.) When doctors ask me if I’m allergic to anything I always tell them “Kevlar” because I can’t remember the name of it. I had to look up Wikipedia to find out the name of it for this post. On Wikipedia it says: “An allergic reaction to this medicine is unlikely.” Fuck you, Wikipedia.
2. Because of a peculiarity in the Papua New Guinea schooling system, I started Grade 1 when I was four. Eventually, this meant I started university when I was 16. People looked at me like I was a child prodigy for about a week. Then they met me.
3. I used to bunk off from school and go to university with my sister. Worst truant ever. Also, Kath’s theology professor was so absent-minded he thought I was in the class and was concerned when I didn’t show up for the exam. Two years later, I showed up for the exam.
4. Thanks to work experience with a vet, I know what the inside of a cat looks like. Pink and squishy.
5. I have never read Moby Dick. But I saw the Futurama episode based on it, so I think I’ve got a handle on the major themes.
6. I only bought a house because I wanted a dog. In the same vein, I only went to university because I didn’t want a job. I am secretly not a grown up at all.
7. I have watched the sun come up from the edge of an active volcano. Just wow.
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post add the Versatile Blogger Award
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog site.
4. In the same post add seven random facts/pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each blogger of their nomination for the reward with a post in their comments section on their respective blogs.
Instead of nominating 15 bloggers, I'll be cheating, and here's why:
You're all versatile, and awesome, and funny and creative and talented.
If you want this award, please take it, and share the love.