Friday, July 27, 2012

Things that are annoying me this week...

1. Television doctors. Not only are most of them way too attractive to be real people, have you noticed how much they cry? I'm sure that if doctors cried so much in real life as they did on TV, they would drown in their own tears. Possibly literally. 

The main offender
Seriously? You're crying because you lost a patient? Yeah, okay, but do you realise that if this affects you like this EVERY SINGLE TIME, then you might need to go into another field of work. Because you know what? You're a doctor. This is what you are paid to do. 

But you know what I hate the most? Now I realise that on most shows the TV doctors are the main characters, so we're supposed to see how they're emotionally affected, but I hate -- HATE -- when TV doctors cry when they're delivering bad news to a waiting family, and then THE WAITING FAMILY COMFORTS THE DOCTOR. 

No, just no. Their son/daughter/mother/father/whatever is dying, and you're having a rough day at work. I know where my sympathy lies. Suck it up and do your damn job. 

2. My radio alarm clock can only pick up one radio station. It's country music. This morning I woke up to this: 


But at least I now get out of bed in a real hurry. 

(Sidenote: in looking for this song, I realised that the Australian version is the original. I think it's more of a tongue twister as well. ) 

3. Twilight fans and their reaction to the break-up of the century. Not all Twilight fans, probably, but ones like these: 


WHY, KRISTEN, WHY? 

Take a step back, take a breath, and please try and get some damn perspective. Last time I checked, this was not a sign of the apocalypse. 

And yes, I do appreciate the irony of telling someone else to get perspective when I've just written this post. Life's funny like that, hey? 

***

What's annoying you this week? 

6 comments:

  1. That song started off okay, but sure enough, I had to shut it off before it wedged in my head.

    My only annoyance would be buying a computer part online and then, three weeks ago, getting this e-mail from the company:

    "If however if this so is a product review please do so in the link provided above. Thanks for understanding!"

    Sure I understand. And then this:

    "If you've had a pleasant buying experience, we would be grateful if you would leave us Max feedback of a 5.

    *if you are about to provide a 3 or under please let us know before hand a 3 out of 5 is equivalent to a negative 1 out of 5."

    Well, I wrote back to them, explaining how they could clean up their English and how I might've actually reviewed them if they hadn't told me what rating to give them.

    Three weeks go by, and today I got the same damn e-mail. Which makes me want to give them a one-star review (which, of course, is equivalent to negative six billion).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain hurts just from reading that! For a second I thought I was on the edge of total mathematical awareness:

      "A 3 out of 5 is equivalent to a negative 1 out of 5. Om."

      Then I realised it wasn't a matter of becoming one (or negative one) with all numbers at the same time and for always, it was just bad English. Still, I'll take enlightenment where I can find it.

      Delete
  2. I'd been avoiding that fan's video for days and then you come along and post it on your blog, and I can't control my fingers pushing the play button. Wow, don't we all wish for fans like THAT who can get so invested in fantasy? Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...and yet....highly disturbing.

      Delete
  3. Nothing has annoyed me yet, though I right there with you on tv doctors. And tv cops and lawyers. The lawyers I can let slide a little, but I'm getting so sick of cop and medical dramas where they act so unprofessional I can only imagine in real life they would be fire in a heartbeat for pulling such bs.

    And yes, I know it's just television, it's not meant to be real. That's not an excuse.

    Okay, rant over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget the TV cops? Holy hell, that's another bunch of delicate little flowers, isn't it?

      Get another job. Immediately.

      I think the real problem I have is that when they cry and question if there's even a god blah blah EVERY SINGLE WEEK, then when the times comes for them to have a deserved emotional breakdown, I've long ago stopped caring.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...