Friday, December 28, 2012

So what did Santa bring you?


Source
This year, Santa brought me: 

A sleep in. Thanks, Santa! Best present ever! 

A half hour conversation with a guy called JP in an Indian call centre. We talked about how my internet wasn't working, how confusing it was when you can't remember any of your passwords, and how it sucked to work on Christmas Day. 

Work. Which it turned out didn't suck at all. Because my entire extended family is holidaying in New Zealand, my work friends had to stand in for my Christmas family. And, I have to say, they did a damn fine job of it! 

Rain. We haven't had much of it yet this wet season, so it was lovely. Also, it meant I got the day off from watering my mum's plants. I mean, come on, when I promised I wouldn't let them die, I figured it'd be monsoonal by now. 

Carollers. Seriously. At first I thought the scary neighbours had hit the alcohol earlier in the day than usual, but no! Carollers! Well, a bunch of kids repeatedly singing "Deck the Halls" in shorts and bare feet. Very tropical! 

And a few cute little presents, left by my mum before she went on holidays, because even though we're doing Christmas in January when everyone gets home, mums think of things like that, don't they? They're the best. 

What did Santa bring you? 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wow, Michael, you can paint as well? That's fantastic! I love painting, but I am really, really bad at it :)

      Delete
  2. For Christmas I got a beautiful snowfall as driving to my brother's, which put everything in the holiday spirit.

    Halfway there, I got sitting on the highway with about three thousand friends for an hour because of an accident from all the snow. (But a St. Bernard had his head stuck out the window of the car beside me, which made it much better.)

    And at my brother's I was given a chocolate moose lollipop, which rounded out the day very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Snow's that cold wet stuff, right? I've seen it in pictures :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good Christmas! I got a bunch of ironic sweatshirts, and a WiFi extender. . . thanks, Dad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great Christmas as well, Madeline! You can never have too many ironic sweatshirts!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...