Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Try again tomorrow, 2013

How impractical is it to make all those resolutions start on the one day of the year that you're almost guaranteed to wake up late, hungover, and with cold pizza in the fridge? 

I'm going back to bed. 

Here are some of the writing resolutions I made anyway: 

I want to get at least 2 books published by my pseudonym this year. Should be fairly easy since I have one currently under contract. 

I want to be more organised and focussed about blogging - ha! 

I want to actually finish something under my name, and start querying agents. Which means first I have to plot something, right? And, you know, stick with it. I'll chase down those pesky plot bunnies when I can move again. 

Meanwhile, here is some soothing music: 



I'm gonna start the New Year on January 2. 

What are your writing resolutions? 

10 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! your new year's resolutions are within your reach for sure! Here's to a great 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful music. That Beethoven guy is going to make it big one day.

    And here's wishing you good luck on chasing down those pesky plot bunnies, 'cause it'll be a good year if you can finish one of those stories as well as you've started them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that Beethoven kid is alright...

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Having one book under contract certainly improves the odds of getting two published during the year. 100% ahead of me on that front. And I hear a big club works on those plot bunnies. If you can't catch them outright, you can always throw it at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my resolution about finishing something under my own name that already worries me :)

      But by this time next year I hope to have a coat made entirely fro m the pelts of clubbed plot bunnies.

      Delete
  4. I'm blaming my inability to come up with resolutions on jetlag :P

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's one for you then -- keep travelling and getting inspired by all those fantastic places you go! Happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. My resolutions are mostly "more editing". Good luck on your goals and have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "More editing" is a great resolution -- I should have added that as well. I hope you have a great 2013 also :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...