Friday, April 5, 2013

And...we're back!

I am back from holidays, and my cousin's wedding, in Brisbane. And I learned a few things while I was away. 

I learned that my shoes are trying to kill me. I learned that I can't stop buying books even though we have the same bookshops at home. I learned that there are only so many places you can hide Easter eggs in a hotel room. I learned that Jetstar will always be delayed. 

And I learned that you can't write erotica when you're sharing a holiday unit with your eight-year-old nephew. It went something like this: 

"Aunty Jen, are you a writer?" 

"Yep." 

"Have you had books published?" 

"Yep." 

"Can I read them?"

"Nooooo." 

"Why not?" 

"Because they're for adults." 

"When can I read them?" 

"When you're eighteen." 

"Can I sit beside you when you write?" 

"Why don't you go and play with Meg?" 

"I'm going to sit here. Is that a rude word? AUNTY JEN, DID YOU WRITE THE F-WORD?" 

"Omigod, Tom, go away!" 

"I'm telling on you to Nana!" 

Luckily I'm too old to get grounded. 

Meg and Tom. Don't be fooled by how well they scrub up. Tom knows the f-word, you know. 


What did everyone else get up to over Easter? 

13 comments:

  1. All boys seem to learn the f-word. I wonder how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're naturally attracted to the forbidden... And at school. He's picked up a lot of interesting words at school!

      Delete
  2. Aunty Jen, you weren't writing rude words on Easter, were you? : p

    And WELCOME BACK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have been...
      And thank you, it's lovely to be back!

      Delete
  3. LOL! Reckon it's a good job that's all he saw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! A page earlier and I would have had some real explaining to do!

      Delete
  4. Eating candy until I felt sick, and then eating some more. When you're an adult you can not only not be grounded, you can make extremely poor decisions. I hope your trip was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make soooo many poor decisions as an adult! Stay up until 4 am to finish that book instead of going to bed? Yes, yes I will. Eat too much chocolate? Don't mind if I do. Buy that shiny new thing I really don't need...yes, absolutely!

      Delete
  5. I spent Easter with my nephew as well... my week old nephew! Well, most of the time over the weekend I was actually entertaining his two elder sisters, while my sister tried to get him to sleep. Suffice to say I didn't get any writing done during our visit to Wellington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the new edition to your family! New babies...so tiny and fiddly!

      And I'm sure your sisters appreciated your company, especially the new mum :)

      Delete
  6. This was hilarious. Thanks for a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  7. I was suggested this blog by way of my cousin. I'm now not sure whether this submit is written through him as nobody else know such exact approximately my problem. You're wonderful!
    Thank you!

    Also visit my blog post: bancuri si culmi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...