Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dogs make everything more fun: A random story

Did I ever tell you guys about the time a dog came to work?

It's happened before. Sometimes people get arrested, and they have dogs with them. Mostly this means that the dog is chained up in the shade outside with a bucket of water until someone can take it to the RSPCA, but sometimes it means they get brought upstairs to us on the sly and we all pet the dog and ooh and ahh and generally forget what we're being paid to do.

Anyway, once it was a dog that we didn't even have to sneak in, because it was a work dog. And not a normal scary look-at-me-sideways-and-I'll-bite-your-arm-off work dog. Or, my personal favourite, the I'm-just-sitting-quietly-in-the-back-of-this-van-until-you-come-past-and-then-I'll-bark-and-you'll-shit-yourself kind of dog.

It happened like this.

So there was a siege. We sent heaps of crews. And I think from the moment the dog squad officer said "I'll go, but I'm supposed to be picking up a new dog off the plane" we all kind of knew what would happen. Hello, spare traffic crew. Yes, you will go to the airport. You will collect the dog, and you will bring it immediately to comms so that we can "watch" it until the dog squad officer is free.

There's a reason you shouldn't have dogs in the workplace.

This is the reason:



I'm pretty sure everyone had already finished reading that newspaper anyway. And what's more fun than reading the newspaper? PLAYING WITH A DOG. 

Best. Day. Ever. 

Apart from the guy holding the siege of course. Pretty sure his day sucked. 

6 comments:

  1. I saw a report that said allowing people to bring their dogs to work increases moral and productivity and attendance and so on. It didn't mention newspapers. : p

    Glad it went so well for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been trying to petition the boss to let us have a dog at work. That probably won't happen though, since we even killed the goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! Props to somebody for taking pictures. ~grin~

    Marian Allen
    Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!! What a cute dog. Dogs do make everything better--and take care of the recycling. Oh, that was your newspaper? Now it's a chew toy. My dog did the same thing with my pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants are impressive. Are you sure your dog is not part dog?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...