Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Picture Book Waiting To Happen

Okay, so this story is just waiting to be illustrated for children, I'm sure. 

Last night at work we had to give a broadcast for a missing goat. 
(It gets better.) 



A missing goat, with a white stripe down his back, and a red collar. 
(It gets better.) 

A missing CIRCUS GOAT. 

A missing circus goat that was last seen tethered to a second goat, an alpaca...and A MONKEY. 

(How can it possibly get any better? I'll tell you how.) 

Scouring the vicinity for the missing goat were five French jugglers. 


Oh god. Life is sometimes so good to me. 

P.S. If you're reading this, Wal, come home. We all love you. 





10 comments:

  1. Wait, he was tethered to an alpaca and he's still missing?

    I'm thinking the monkey is the ringleader. And yes, this would be a perfect children's book. Unless, of course, they're all found drunk and naked at a nearby petting zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monkey HAS to be the ringleader, right? For starters, surely he's the only one who could have untied the goat...

      But yes, I am hopeful that the goat will be found and returned safely to the circus.

      I, of course, would have stolen the monkey.

      Delete
    2. Oh, so the goat was last seen tethered to the other goat, alpaca, and monkey. I get it. I thought all four of them were gallivanting across the countryside together, which is why they needed five jugglers to catch them. :-)

      Delete
    3. The five French jugglers... It was very specific. Just so we didn't get missed up with the five Gernan or the five Thai jugglers also wandering the streets tonight.

      Delete
    4. I think that was a warning that they could be mimes. Imagine asking someone what they’re doing looking through someone’s bushes, and they start acting like a goat. And it happens four more times as you take the guy back to the station. : p

      Delete
    5. That's the difficulty with mimes of course... They can't explain what they're doing.

      Delete
  2. That. Is. Amazing.

    I think the mimes might be in on in. They probably released the goat. If they're really serious about keeping the goat contained, why didn't they create an invisible box around it, or twirl an invisible lariat and reel it back to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And don't get me started on the magicians. Where the hell were they when the goat "disappeared?" I'd be starting my investigation with them, as soon as I'd interrogated the monkey of course.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...