Monday, May 6, 2013

Best Amazon Reviews Ever

I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but in case you haven't, here it is: 

The book is called How To Avoid Huge Ships, and if you have a couple of hours to kill on the internet, you must read the Amazon reviews. So much fun! 






Here are some highlights: 

From Citizen Fitz: 

I bought How to Avoid Huge Ships as a companion to Captain Trimmer's other excellent titles: How to Avoid a Train, and How to Avoid the Empire State Building. These books are fast paced, well written and the hard won knowledge found in them is as inspirational as it is informational. After reading them I haven't been hit by anything bigger than a diesel bus. Thanks captain!

From Law Student: 

I'm a little annoyed with the sarcastic, hate-filled 'reviewers' of this book. You all seem to think it's funny that some people would honestly like some expert advice on ways to avoid huge ships. What, you've never been traveling at a very, very slow speed straight toward something really, really big that you could see for miles and miles away, and wished you'd known what steps you could take to avoid crashing into it?

From ThisDude: 

After reading this and setting out for a day at the harbor, my entire family was killed by a tiny boat. My attention was only on the huge ships. All in all though, would recommend.

And my absolute favourite, from Dan: 

Read this book before going on vacation and I couldn't find my cruise liner in the port. Vacation ruined.

Kind of restores your faith in humanity, right? 

6 comments:

  1. *slow applause for these reviews*

    Also, that is an awesome title. Straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great title, isn't it? No flashy marketing there!

      Delete
  2. LOL. This shows why I love people who read books. Definitely five starfish for your favorite.

    And it's funny - the very first review, thirteen years ago, was a smart-ass review, and now there's no stopping it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews make me laugh every time I read them...but in that smug sort of way that only other booklovers will understand :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, I am snickering like mad over here. I like this even better than that watch everyone was fake reviewing. Vacation ruined is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those reviews just fill me with happiness. :)

      Love em!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...