Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thanks, Mum!

My mum is the best. 

So my pseudonym is writing this book set in Wyoming in the 1860's. Well, my pseudonym has written this book. And the publisher liked it, except for one tiny thing. 

I think it needs a second book, she said, told from the other MC's POV

Shit. Because of course the entire reason I told the story from the point of view of the character who lives in the town, is that the other character is a cowboy and I have no idea what they did. Apart from wear hats and ride horses. That still leaves a lot of details to fill in. 

But it's okay, because my mum is on the case. Look what magically appeared at my place the other day: 




Now if that's not a ringing endorsement from my own mother to keep writing smut, I don't know what is! 

In other news, when I drove into my driveway after work tonight, there was a possum waiting for me on the fencepost, like a tiny fuzzy gargoyle. Then it ran up a tree. And, I tell you, with mad photography skills like mine, I should start chronicling UFO sightings any day now. 


A photo of the ghost of a possum on a misty night. Obviously. 

6 comments:

  1. Your Mum's the best.

    And you know you got to use the title of that book in some bedroom dialogue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's to say I don't already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the book you mum got you and this I think your research is done! Go write that thing. Really, I can't get that song out of my head now that I've read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that takes me back! Love it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Including Best Daughter, right? Right?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...