Saturday, February 15, 2014

Back on the Blogging Bandwagon

Well, so much for my best laid plans to be a better blogger this year. 

Here's what happened with that. 

Firstly, I was recovering from surgery, and totally overestimated my ability to still be able to do stuff. 

I mean, it's lying in bed with my laptop. I've done that before. You know, I bet I'll actually get more done than usual because what else will I have to do? 

The answer to that is: Sleep for at least fourteen hours a day. 

But I'm back up and about now, and feeling much better. 



The second thing was my pseudonym, and a deadline that was fast approaching for a book already under contract. And those developmental edits were massive, and required a lot of rewriting what I already had, plus adding in a bunch of new stuff. 

Oh, well it won't be that hard. It'll probably take a week at the most. I can totally manage it. 

All I'll say on that front is: that deadline was the scariest ever. I made it, but there were a few days there when I thought I was about to crash and burn. Deadline, meet writer's block. You two are going to love each other. 

In retrospect, I don't think I'm disciplined enough to become a full-time writer. I think I may actually get more done when I'm also working the day job, because then I tell myself that I have to write now, or I won't get another chance for a while. Whereas, on holidays, I tell myself that I can absolutely have a nap, or watch TV, or try to teach the cat to sit. A failure, BTW. 

You know that saying about busy people getting more done? 

I think I'm ready to be a busy person again. 


2 comments:

  1. It's too bad you couldn't do that writing while your other self was recovering. I mean, it's not like your pseudonym had surgery, too, right? That would be too much of a coincidence.

    And yeah, I know what you mean about being busy. They say a project will expand to take up the amount of time you have for it.

    But I hope you enjoyed sacking out, and thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recovering from surgery kind of takes precedence over blogging. If you feel like lying and bed all day, you should do it and say, "I just had surgery!"

    I'm glad you made your deadline. Good luck with becoming a busy person :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...